Geowissenschaftliches Kolloquium WiSe 2016/2017
Talks will be held at 17h15 in HS II, 1. OG des Geozentrums, Meckenheimer Allee 176
- 27th of October: Dr. Mario Fischer-Gödde (Universität Münster) - "When were the Earth’s volatiles delivered?“
- 3rd of November: Dr. Oliver Plümper (University of Utrecht) - "Small things matter: nanoscale control of geological processes"
- 10th of November: Prof. Dr. Walter Kurz (Uni-Graz) - "Tektonische und thermische Entwicklung der Cocosplatte"
- 17th of November - Prof. Dr. Randolf Rausch (Tech. Universität Darmstadt) - "Das Rätsel der Quellen von Dilmun. Sagt das Gilgamesch-Epos die Wahrheit?"
- 24th of November - Prof. Robert A. Gastaldo (Colby College - USA) - "Trust But Verify: Did Earth's biosphere collapse in response to the End-Permian Crisis?"
- 1st of December - Dr. Vera Laurenz (Bayerisches Geoinstitut, Uni-Bayreuth) - "Geo-LEGO or building the Earth: An Experimental perspective."
- 8th of December - Dr. Paolo Sossi (Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris) - "Moderately volatile element depletion during planetary formation: An experimental and isotopic approach"
- 12th of January - Dr. Olivier Namur (University of Hannover) - “Mantle-Crust differentiation of the planet Mercury”
- 19th of January - Riccardo Avanzinell (University of Florence) - "Isotopes in arc magmas: insights on the “subduction factory” and the deep Carbon cycle"
- 26th of January - Dr. Elis Hoffmann (Freie Universität Berlin) - "A new geochemical perspective on Archean komatiites and associated rocks from the eastern Kaapvaal craton (South Africa)"
- 2nd of February - Prof. Dr. Hermann Ehrlich (Technische Universität Freiburg) - "Extreme Biomineralization"